posted by Sarah:
It’s the day before Thanksgiving and I think it’s time to take stock of what we’re thankful for:
1. jobs. Joel is writing two weekly columns for the Times-Standard and will start a paid internship there in the new year. I am working full time as the graphic designer at a print shop.
2. home. We have a very unique apartment that is starting to come together to feel like home.
3. friends. Nathan, Christy & Mandy are travelling a heckuva long way to be here with us for Thanksgiving weekend. We are so blessed to have friends who will do that.
4. food. Right now our fridge is 1/4 full of one very large 20 lb. turkey currently sitting in its brine bath.
5. family. Although we are physically far away from our family members we feel their support often.
6. church. Quest still feels like our home church but we’re branching out with churches here in Eureka; the Episcopal church has been our Sunday morning church and the Covenant church has been our Wednesday bible study.
7. hope. We know that we are looking forward to things beyond our stay in Eureka, CA. Peace Corps is still in the works, although it seems like a hazy vision compared to our solid day to day living here.
8. heat. With energy prices skyrocketing, I’m thankful that our gas, electric & water bills are included in our rent.
9. help. We just underwent the tutor training for a reading organization called Humboldt Literacy which assists illiterate adults in learning how to read. We will be matched with a student sometime soon.
10. hamsters. Marigold rocks out.