It’s been over a month since our car and our hamster died, and it seems like a lot has changed, but a lot has stayed the same. We’ve beeen riding our bikes to and from work, and actually feeling kind of fit for the first time in a while. Yesterday we rode our bikes about 12 miles total! That’s been great. My aunt and uncle Greg & Audrey have graciously offered to give us their old car, which we’ll be picking up from my parents in Seattle in a few weeks. (We’re very excited to see our old friends and stomping grounds on this trip — not to mention restaraunts!) We’re hitching a ride to Seattle with our friends Jess & Andrew. Isn’t it nice to have friends? (Answer: yes.) We’ll also get to spend a little time in Portland, our second home-away-from-home.
1. School starts in exactly one month. 2 more semesters and I’ve got a masters’ degree!
2. I got a job at the blood bank in Eureka, which is a really cool place to work. I have a really flexible schedule, too, which is grat for school.
3. Sarah will be showing her paintings and pastel drawings at Old Town Coffee and Chocolates in Eureka during the month of August. We’ll post some pictures soon.
4. It’s actually been summer here for almost 2 weeks! Sunny, low 70s, just perfect. I can see how we were tricked into moving here by the nice weather this time of year. It doesn’t last, but it’s glorious while it’s here.
5. That’s actually all I can think of. We’ve been watching a lot of movies and cooking a lot of really good food lately. I think Sarah can tell you about that stuff better than I can, but it’s been fun.
Oh yeah: We took the bus to Ferndale (or as close as we could — hence the 6 mile bike rides to and from the bus stop) yesterday to witness the Loast Coast Kennel Club agility trials — i.e., to watch a bunch of dogs run around and do awesome stuff like jump over bars, run through tunnels, and weave through poles. It was a beautiful day, and Ferndale is a really beautiful place anyway, so we had a great time. If you know how much I like dogs, you know I was thoroughly entertained. (Sarah was, too.) Here’s some photographic evidence.