• The Grand Tour

by  • August 30, 2007 • China • 7 Comments

We’ve spent a good deal of time in our apartment since we got here, cleaning, arranging furniture, getting to know in great detail about Chinese vs. North American voltage, figuring out how to do laundry and light the gas burners, and settling ourselves in general.
    So here we proudly present our new digs in Shaoxing, China!

Sarah

About

Sarah grew up in Colorado but considers herself a Chinese-Malaysian-English-American. Her favorite thing to do is read in bed, or some sunny spot on a couch.

7 Responses to The Grand Tour

1. nova
      August 30, 2007 at 2:17 pm

wow! your place looks great! i’m still hoping to get there, maybe third or fourth week of October?

2. Mi nombre es Johnny Cake.
      August 30, 2007 at 8:18 pm

Tell me that you live above an Olympic training facility, otherwise I don’t know about this new place.

Other than that though my western view of things says it looks a lot like a nice American home.

Are you guys actually in China? Where’s the pollution and communists? According to my TV you may be lying about this whole adventure.

Oh ya, love you both.

3. Foosh
      August 30, 2007 at 10:26 pm

Sweet-nass!
      Look like a nice pad. I especially love the Arm & Tomahawk. More video blogs in the future please, so we can see your lovely faces.

4. monsterpants
      August 30, 2007 at 10:33 pm

def. def. def. wish we could come visit. who knows- maybe there’ll come some perfect time for it :) looks lovely!

5. Kathleen
      September 1, 2007 at 4:32 pm

Oh wow! What a great apartment! I wish we could come and visit…

I ditto the request for more video blogs; you two had me cracking up from the Arm and Tomahawk to the coat hanger shower thingy.

Also, I feel your pain with the laundry — when I was in France last summer, I had tons of trouble with the washer, and I even speak/read French. Good luck figuring yours out better than I did!

6. Bad antz
      September 1, 2007 at 11:03 pm

Wow, we miss you guys and love you. We prefer three comforters, so get those ready. It’s great to see where you’ll be living for the next (few?) year(s). Can we see what it looks like outside? This message was dictated by Nathan and typed by Christy who agrees with the content.

7. amanda + daniel